Sunday, October 9, 2016

HS1177 Camera: Using the Joystick OSD cable while mounted

I found it very annoying to hook up an external power source and using my TV to try to set up my camera. I saw videos of people making battery mods to use the barrel connector and portable monitors to change settings while outdoors. I really wanted to be able to change settings on the fly.

I'm sorry that I don't have a camera setup that is optimal for youtube videos. The GoPro headstrap is all I have for now.

Here's my method to having the option to set up my camera whenever I want without dismantling the quadcopter and using my VTX and goggles.



If you don't want to watch the video, the basic gist of it is:

  1. On the joystick, you will not be using video and power wires. You will only use Signal and Ground.
  2. On the camera, you will connect the Signal wire to the OSD wire, and splice Ground to Ground.
  3. You will want to make a 4-pin Micro (or Mini, I'm not sure) JST female coupler to connect the joystick to the camera. 






1 comment: