Sunday, October 16, 2016

Eachine VR D2 Audio Out and DVR Audio from both Diversity Receivers




I've been following the long thread on RCGroups:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2717038&highlight=vr+d2&page=124

At the time of this post, that thread is at 124 pages.

I opened up my VR D2 today and decided to do what vzzbx did:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2751663

During my search for the post, I found this Wilgo_rr's post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2758891&highlight=vr+d2+audio

Wilgo_rr's video shows that he found the audio out for not just one receiver, but both Diversity receivers.

Combining both of these guys' info, I can confirm that combining all the audio and ground wires allows you to get the best of both worlds, Audio Out and Audio DVR recording.


I always save the extra connectors and was able to find the wires that already had the JST connectors crimped on. On the Diversity board, the Red wire is the audio signal OUT, Black is ground. On the DVR board, Red wire is audio in, Black is ground. 

A closer look at the connectors.

I found a headphone extension cable cut to the length I liked. Black is ground. Both Red and White are audio signal wires, but I don't know which are right and left. I twisted the Red and White wires together to give me a stereo effect. If you are going to use Apple headphones, make sure to double-check your wiring. Apple likes to switch stuff around to make their headphones proprietary. 

I was just testing the Audio Out.

Testing both Audio Out and DVR Audio recording. 

Another shot of testing.

I drilled a hole here with a drill bit that was as close to the diameter of my headphone extension cable. Your cable might be a different size.

I ran the headphone extension cable through the hole I drilled. I added a rubber grommet to reduce the chance of pulling apart the connections.

I didn't bother soldering the wires. Just twisted with Heatshrink tubing ready. They should hold fine.

Completed wiring.



I am just waiting for my replacement DVR that supposedly corrects the blackscreens.
Another good thing to do while you have it open, replace those crappy straps. I used the straps from a cheap GoPro head mount.



2 comments:

  1. with this mode you still able to work with diversity system? It receive the audio from both antennas? thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Thank you so much for this post. Its really helpful.

    D38999 connectors

    ReplyDelete